Senior Graphic Designer
Produce design solutions that maximize the strategic goals of internal clients with high visual impact. Own the creative process for all internal projects balancing design efforts with the production responsibilities required to implement successful brand communications.
Reports to VP Marketing, Director Marketing, Director Communications, or Marketing Communications Manager.
No direct reports.
Core Responsibilities: (not intended to be all inclusive)
- Work in collaboration with internal clientele to conceptualize, design and execute campaign concepts and promotional pieces on a project by project basis.
- Interpret and apply design concepts developed through outside agency ensuring consistency in design while meeting strategic goal of pieces including: sell sheets, newsletters, point of sale materials, presentations, buyer’s guides, brand brochures, and electronic trade updates.
- Work closely with internal clientele and outside vendors to explore new creative approaches and cutting-edge techniques to further the brands’ marketing impact.
- In conjunction with other Graphic Designer(s)
- Train new marketing employees on creative process and manufacturer’s production process.
- Manage project timelines according to promotional calendar across multiple brands and priorities.
- Identify opportunities to improve upon workflow and project management to provide top quality product and services to internal clientele.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in current graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite 4, and photo processing software.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design theories, principles, methods and practices.
- Proven ability to provide effective creative direction and guidance to additional creative team members.
- Familiar with web design programs such as Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in retouching, color correction and 3-D rendering.
- Proven ability to independently manage an extremely high volume of design projects simultaneously and quickly, across multiple media forms from conception to completion.
- Proven ability to independently manage project timelines, backing out milestones based off set promotional timing.
- Knowledge of print production and quoting terminology.
- Copywriting experience preferred but not required.
- 4-6 years internal advertising, design agency and/or in-house corporate experience.
- 1-2 years experience providing art direction and/or leading a multi-person design team.
- Graduate of Trade College or BA in Graphic Design, Fine Art or related degree preferred.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional print press checks performed at print vendors’ locations.