Shellac featured in Oprah Magazine!

“Shellac” featured Oprah Magazine!!!

Click here to enlarge.

17 Responses to “Shellac featured in Oprah Magazine!”

1. Lisa Villa says:

Love this product, but you really need to come up with a thiner, A lot of product is waisted as it does dry out and get thicker in the bottle with use, Because of the price of each color and the small amount of color you get I need to use every drop.

Lisa,

Each color of Shellac is specifically formulated to apply smoothly, cure completely, wear for 14 days and remove in 10 minutes. In order to achieve all of these goals, each color has a different formula that is made up of its own unique blend of many different materials, including up to four different solvents. As you apply Shellac, those solvents will begin to evaporate off, which is why over time, you may notice that your Shellac begins to feel thicker during application. We have formulated each color with this in mind, so even if it does feel a little thicker it will still cure, wear, and remove as it is intended. However, there are practices that will speed up the evaporation of these solvents and can cause faster thickening of Shellac.

These include:

• Not tightening the cap properly in between applications
      • Not replacing the cap during or between applications
      • Exposing the open bottle to light
      • Overworking the Shellac (like pumping the brush in and out of a mascara tube)
      • Warming the bottle above room temperature

Unfortunately, these are all mistakes that cannot be undone. Contrary to some comments and suggestions that we have seen, there is no safe and effective way to make Shellac thinner once it has thickened.

2. Brenda Willoughby says:

2 Questions:
    Do you need to shake the Shellac top coat. It seems to get tiny bubbles if you do.
    The frosted colors seem to have problems curing properly even if shaken well. When you apply the tip coat over them it pulls the product as if it did not cure all the way?

3. Lisa says:

I absolutely love this product. This polish is so easy that I can do it myself and wears well. I cannot say enough about how great this product is. Thanks CND

4. Brenda,
    It stays a better consistency if shaken, I shake it while the client is in remover wraps and there are not usually any bubbles by application time.

5. Is there an exact shelf life for the product

6. Mel says:

is it a must to use the UV nail dryer after putting on the shellac nails or can you use a blow dryer or something else to dry them?

7. Debbie Ostrander says:

I have been having a problem too with bubbles that seem to show up after curing. I cannot find a way to get rid of them.

8. Lori Dower says:

I think it would be a good idea to put the mixing balls in the colors and top coat of shellac as you have it in the base coat already.

Lori,

There are mixing beads in the colors. You may not be able to hear them but they are there.

9. Jess S says:

Leave the bottle soak in hot water for 5 minutes before use if it is a little thick. Works perfectly, also helps you get out those drops in the corners of the bottle!

10. Sherry says:

I am having problems with the white when
    I do a french look. The white chips off. It is
    the only color that I am having problems with.

11. Robin,
    Two years un-open, one year open.

Mel,
    A CND UV Lamp is essential to the success of Shellac application.

Debbie,
    You may find this troubleshooting video helpful:
    Bubbles tend to actually be cuticle remnants, fuzzies trapped, or a thick application.

Sherry,
    Here are some tips on working with the white:

12. nailsupply says:

I am wondering did you clean the smile line with a brush which dipped in alcohol or acetone. I have some clients which are nail techs did that and it caused the chipping on the white.

Nailsupply,

The brush is lightly moistened with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.

13. Diane says:

Thee wasn’t an answer to the question I have too-Is a UV light essential?