Become a CND Education Ambassador

If you have an enthusiasm for knowledge, and love for inspiring others and are:

PASSIONATE
POLISHED
PRINCIPLED
PROFESSIONAL
BOLD

We’re looking for you!

CND EDUCATION AMBASSADOR

We are now recruiting Education Ambassadors in the following areas of North America:

Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah, Wisconsin, U.S., Helifax

CND SHELLAC AMBASSADOR

We are now recruiting Shellac Ambassadors in the following areas of North America:

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming

To find out how you can become an Education Ambassador, CLICK HERE

* All Education Ambassadors at CND are independent contractors (not employees) and have the freedom to maintain their own salon business while sharing their passion and skills with other professionals.

185 Responses to “Become a CND Education Ambassador”

1. Gail says:

What do I need to do if someone hits there nail on the light during the curing process? Can this be fixed without starting over??? P.S. LOVE THE SHELLAC!!!! Is there a trouble shooting guide booklet available? Thank You……

2. ranee says:

safeway has 99%ISOPROPYL

3. Gail,
    You can smooth the bummped spot out with alcohol, let it dry and reapply the color. Here is a troubleshooting video that may help and includes that problem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4beb4eTszc

4. Diane says:

Not sure what the problem is with the dark colors for me…I cleanse thoroughly with Scrub Fresh, but it seems at the tip of the nails, the polish disappears/pulls away. I apply more to just the tip of the nail, but for the most part, it seems like it still does it. It may do it with the lighter colors and I just don’t see it as well. Also, with the Mother of Pearl, it seems like it had a lot of ‘sparkles’ the first time I used it and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th times, it seems like there is much less “sparkle”. I shake everything for 30 seconds at least…help.

5. Mandee says:

Oh my!!!! Success…..Started doing Shellac at the beginning of the month…..did a handful of clients, all returned, and all sent me 1-2 new clients!!! I did 8 Shellac clients this week!!! I have got my routine down and I can do new Shellac in 30 minutes, and remove and re-apply in 45…I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Habing great sucess with it going the distance too…2 1/2 to 3 weeks easy.

6. safaricheryl says:

I just completed my first set of Shellac. I have used fiberglass for since 1985, but thought I’d add some other services after starting at a new spa. There I tried OPI and was told by friends in the business how great Shellac is I like the idea of using no primer. My questions are: can you add a coat of regular top coat after a week or so to add shine and why would the Shellac come out slightly dull? Is it not fully cured?

7. Tammy says:

I am wondering how the Shellac product can be removed from acrylic nails…won’t the acetone damage the acrylics? Should the Shellac be filed off? I am new to Shellac and many of my acrylic clients are interested in the durability and high shine of Shellac but I am afraid to use it on them until I am sure about the removal process.

8. Diane says:

Where can you purchase the curette you mention in your Shellac Step by Step?

9. Diane,
    Here is a troubleshooting video that may help – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4beb4eTszc
    For the Mother of Pearl shake it upside down and that will knock the glitter loose and back into the rest of it.

Mandee – Congrats!!

Safari Cheryl – Glad you like it! If it is dull it may be under-cured, are you using a CND lamp and are your bulbs current?

Diane,
    they are available from most professional distributors that carry tools. Ask the company that you get your CND from if they carry curettes!

10. Tammy,
    Shellac is a “power polish” it can be used in any way polish is used. When you use it on enhancements you do not need to use base coat and removal is done by filing it off as part of your debulking instead of wrapping. Full detailed step by steps are at cnd.com

11. Kim Mitchell says:

I am interested in becoming a Shellac Ambassador….I am currently working in a salon in Columbus, Ohio….

12. Kim Mitchell says:

ok so Shellac for the natural nail is the bomb….my question though is what causes the product to lift from behind…my client was doing great with the shellac’s in the beginning but the last two visits have produced lifting from the back of the nail bed…I have made sure to follow all proper PEP steps….also I have been careful not to get product on the cuticle area….don’t know what to do….

13. Kim Mitchell says:

another question i have is what would cause a white area on top of the nail bed after the removal of the shellac’s?

14. barb giorgi says:

I’d like information on becoming a shellac educator, can you contact me with any information you can share with me.
    barb

15. Kaila says:

Shellac seems to be peeling off with the same day of application. We can not figure out the problem. We seem to be following the correct steps. but no success in lasting. The shellac is very quick to lift and peel off.

16. Suzanne says:

I just did the Romantique color and after going around with my orange wood stick and it was perfect, her hand came out from under lamp and the color had ran over her cuticles and on sides. I did apply a very thin coat. I am wondering if the temp in the room is a factor? Any suggestions?

17. tuffbevie says:

I am new to Shellac. I am wondering if a client wants tips with Shellac what would be the healthist way to do this? Thanks

18. Kim and Barb, the above blog contains a link to follow that has an application for becoming ambassadors.

Kim, are you scrubbing the nail with ScrubFresh as if you were trying to remove red nail polish? Here is a troubleshooting video that may help:
    The white can be dehydration, from buffing, or from soaking in a bowl of acetone to remove. Prescribe Solar Oil use 2-3 times daily.

Kaila,
    What lamp are you using? Here is a troubleshooting video that may help:

Suzanne,
    Are you sure it was really thin? Are all your bulbs lighting up in your lamp?

19. cindi doyle says:

I have read all of the blog pages and still do not see the answer to Solar Oil. Can a Vitamin E oil be substituted? I use this daily for my hands and feet and massage into my nail. Is this as effective as Solar Nail?

20. Andrea Handley says:

I saw that you are interested in shellac Ambassador’s but i do not see Idaho stated, we do have a tech in Mountain home idaho but that is on the western part of the state, we could really use one on the eastern side….

Andrea,

Certain areas are targeted to best utilize the CND Education Ambassador. We will definitely take note in your suggestion. If you are interested please visit cnd.com and submit an application.

21. Cindi,
    Vitamin E is too large a molecule to penetrate the nail and any coatings that may be on the nail. Solar Oil contains Jojoba in a carrier molecule form so that it can “escort” the Vitamin E, Rice Bran Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil down into the nail to lubricate the cells.

Hope this helps :)

22. tuffbevie,
    Shellac is a power polish, it does not have the strength to add length. If your client needs length, the nails would need enhancements before the Shellac application.

23. marnee clements says:

the uv lamp for the cnd shellacks rocks, my customers are in and out the door with a great service. thanks cnd for the wonderful product.

marnee clements
    nail tech

24. Marnee,
    Thank you for the feedback!

25. Kimberly Watters says:

I just used the Shellac top coat for the second time. Performed beautifully the first time. This time as I used it the brush hardened and the gel solidified. Had to throw it away. What could have happened?

26. christy says:

Does the UV light cause skin cancer on the hands?

27. Christy,
    It does not, the UV exposure during an appointment is less than the received while driving to the appointment. Here is a full study by an independant lab that you can print out for you and your clients:

28. jean burgy says:

I had my nails done to-day withthe new colored gel. He removed my gel nails first. Now my nails are real soft and bend all the time. They are not hard like regular gel. Did he do something wrong?

29. Dasha says:

I want to become an ambassador . There are no classes offered in Atlanta. What can I do? P.s. I Love Shellac!!!! Great invention CND!!

30. Jennifer Adams says:

Is there a step by step for Shellac Pedicures? I need to know asap.

31. Jennifer,
    There are detailed step by steps for all Shellac procedures at cnd.com just log in click tools and support then Shellac support.

Dasha,
    There is an EA in Georgia if you would like to contact her for classes in your state kimberly.jones at cndeducation.com

Jean,
    Shellac is a power polish, not an enhancement. The Shellac is meant to be a durable polish, it does not make the nails harder.

32. Debbie,
    Please visit cnd.com for an MSDS sheet to print out, log in then click tools and supports then MSDS.

33. Jaime says:

i would like to become an ambassador, i trained with Creative in /january this year with Keaton in London. He is great ! i live in Barbados where do you suggest i go and what is the next step i have to make ? i reall want to do this !!!

34. Julie Hughes says:

So far every CND product I have used I LOVE!!!!!! But I’m now wanting to invest in a state of the art Gel Enhancement Kit.. I haven’t worked with gels much at all so I was hoping to get someones input that has.. What’s the difference between the Brisa line and OPI’s Axxium? Which one would you prefer and why? I spoke with Kathy yesterday that’s with CND’s reps yesterday and she was in CA, anyway.. She was such a sweet, helpful lady and I can say good customer service is a lot of choosing who I want to give my business to, but I also need to make sure I’m getting the product that’s right for my clients. I’ve seen the Brisa applied once in person but my instructor didn’t really know how to use it. Like already said I LOVE CND and gels are what I’m going to be doing in my spa, I want to continue to have a working relationship with CND but I need some serious in depth help with the Brisa vs Axxium deal…..Eternally grateful for any help.. Thanks, Julie

35. Jaime,
    There is an application right on the CND website, the link is in the above blog :) Good Luck!

Julie,
    I’m afraid I do not have a comparison to offer you, but I thought you might like to see a video on workability of the Brisa gel:
    Also visit cnd.com to see detailed step by steps of the process and let me know if you have any questions about Brisa that I could help you with.

36. Gina says:

I have been aasking around for more information on becoming an educator and ther are no classes around my area… AT ALL!!!! I did speak to someone that is an educator for cnd and i was told that there is no work in our area and it would be a waste of time.
    Please HELP~~

Gina,

I am terribly sorry that you got sidetracked. We just had a bootcamp last month for new Education Ambassadors. One of the reasons that Master classes were few and far between is that there NEW Master classes launching. They are being booked for the 2nd half of the year. Please don’t get discouraged. Visit http://www.cnd.com or call our hotline 800-833-NAIL (6245) for information on an applying. The next bootcamp isn’t scheduled at the moment but know that there is “usually” one every two years.

Hope this helps.

37. alice conceicao says:

Hello! I started using the products of shellac, love it been using it since Feb. but having a problem when i take polish off my nails are chipping and cracking on the ends , Never had this problem I use everything from this line your line !cant figure it out and everyone say that my nails they just do that , No they dont and Ive watched your video and i dont use my nails as tools so whats up???????

38. Kat says:

I am a nurse and I work in the hospital setting. Recently our infection control department banned the no chip manicures stating that they were no different that the gels, etc. that they had banned years ago. I spoke with the head of the infection control department disputing their claims and the woman I spoke to asked for a list of the ingredients in the nail polish used for no chip manicures. Can anybody help me out with this and send me a list of the ingredients??? Thanks!

Kat,

You can call our hotline for an MSDS sheet for Shellac.

800-833-NAIL (6245)

39. Alice,
    Are you buffing the nails to apply or to remove? Do you soak in a bowl of acetone to remove or wrap?