Top Question #2
Q: Why is Shellac peeling on some of my clients?
A: Proper Preparation, Application, Curing, Home Maintenance
- The first step is to make sure you are doing proper P.E.P.
- P-erform Mini Manicure = Removing the Cuticle off the nail plate
- E-liminate Surface Contaminants = ScrubFresh
- P-Purify Nail Plate = ScrubFresh
Note: If your client experiences natural nail delamination (peeling)…
Lightly buff the area with a 240 grit or higher buffer. If there is excessive delamination discontinue the service until the nail grow out (thus avoiding damaging the natural nail with too much buffing).
“Please refer to the Shellac Step-by-Step directions for detailed P.E.P., application and removal techniques”
2. Application - Thin is best!!!
- SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE the bottle of Shellac
- With each layer of Shellac, apply it thin.
- Keep a tiny free margin around the cuticle and sidewall areas.
- Cap the extension edge with each layer of Shellac
- Stick with the system - Use the CND UV Lamp
- Cure each layer
- Base Coat = 10 sec
- Color Coat = 2 min
- Top Coat = 2 min
4. Home Maintenance
- Solar Oil -Keeps natural nails, nail color and nail enhancements tough and flexible. Use daily!