Shellac Launch

Shellac Launch

Today is a huge day in OZ…we are officially launching Shellac and have 4 separate presentations to deliver before the day ends!

12:00 – 4:00 The first two sessions are with the top and most important beauty editors from both trade and consumer magazines!  We also have a total of 15 Education Ambassadors with us from all around the country, so after my presentation, everyone receives a Shellac service! The favorite color so far is Fedora, a chocolate cherry crème (my personal fave as well…) followed by Tropix, a bright cheery coral crème that brighten spirits on this rainy day in Sydney.  Everyone is excited and blown away with the product…how could we have survived without it before now?????

4:00 p.m.  –  Our top VIP sub-distributors arrive to learn all about Shellac!  I see all of my long-time friends from many years of representing CND:  Beth, George, Wes and of course, the owners of Pacific Nail and Beauty, the 2 G’s, the lovely Glenn and Gary!   A special surprise visitor is Maggie, who is one of my dearest, most treasured friends.  It’s like old- home week and I’m just thrilled to be the one to share the details behind Shellac.  Everyone is sure that this innovation will help to get clients back into the salon, after a bout of hard times. I am sure that nailistas in the USA can relate….

5:00 p.m. — Now, it’s time to have a few private minutes with the OZ EA team. We have a drink, a chat and a snack…sharing, bonding and connecting.  Everyone is so proud and professional!  This team embodies the CND personality traits:  Passionate, Polished, Professional, Principled and Bold.  We are so lucky to have them on our team.

8:00 p.m.  - We end the day at a trendy Brazilian restaurant where this ‘Pescatarian’ was shocked with the swords of meat that were wielded at our table.  The Aussies love their red meat—perhaps it’s a bit of their carnivorous English heritage?– and everyone is stuffed and content!  I savor the table for its forum to communicate without pressure.

So day is done…whew, great and rewarding accomplishment!

79 Responses to “Shellac Launch”

1. Kristel says:

It was extremley transparent (first coat). All looked great up to the alcohol application at the end. It the light of the salon it also looked fine. By the time I got to my car I noticed the issues. Very frustrating because I know how great this product is when done correctly.

2. Anne says:

I went to a salon in Richmond VA and I’m not happy at all. They convinced me to soak the gel nails off, then have the shellac applied so I did it. I explained to the nail tech that I type on a computer 12 hours a day for work, then when I go home I do regular stuff like cleaning the house, doing laundry etc. Now, I’ve had to cut my nails very low and they were not long to begin with. I had to cut them because they kept bending at the sides. My nails are now cracking at the sides, the shellac is coming up & chipping, and it takes me longer than usual to do ordinary things like change my clothes. I’m going back to the gel nails, the shellac apparently doesnt work for all users. I’m very disappointed because I thought the product was great…initially.

3. Anne,
    When switching from enhancements to Shellac it can be a good idea to transition instead of going cold turkey. If you are really hard on your nails and they are weak, the Shellac may not be the ideal option for you. Enhancements are for enhancing length and strength and it sounds like you would prefer both. If you like the zero dry time of the Shellac, it can be applied over your gel enhancments.

Hope this helps!

4. Diana Long says:

What happened to my email questions that I sent around January 24th?

5. Cambria says:

I have used the shallac on 3 clients. All are chipping. These clients used the asian salon in town prior to my salon. I Want to keep these clients happy. I have followed the steps thoroughly! I dont know what I am doing wrong, but it stayed on them when the asians did the shellac. Help please.

Cambria,

Work with your clients to determine some potential causes.

Were the clients natural nails filed at all during the process?
      What was the method of removal?
      Are they using Solar OIl on a regular basis?

6. natalie ramirez says:

i have quite a few clients that the shellac stays on 3 weeks and i have some that it chips. I do the exact same thing on every client. I also have a new client that her nails (fingers and toes) are so short that there is no free edge. She wanted french which i did but they were so short i couldn’t cap the ends with polish. One of them has already come off and i believe its because they are so short. what do you think?

Natalie,

Capping the extension edge on short nails is a challenge. Try explaining to the client that capping the extension edge is important for full wearability of Shellac. Explain that they may need to be extra careful and possibly schedule an appointment a few days earlier until the nail grows out slightly. As for the clients that chip, are they using Solar Oil? Clients with dry brittle nails will have a tendency to chip as their nails aren’t flexible. With regular repeated use of Solar OIl the Solar OIl will penetrate through the Shellac and into the natural nail to keep it flexible. All clients short, long, etc. should be using Solar Oil regularly. Regular use is twice daily. Hope this helps.

7. Karen says:

I was applying the Shellac base coat to my client today and the brush clogged up. The base coat seemed to set in the brush. It was a warm day would this have affected it? Whats the best solution? Should I soak the brush in acetone? Has this happened before?

8. Karen,
    It sounds like your brush started to cure, did you accidentally get it in the path of the UV light spilling out of your lamp?

9. Kristina says:

I purchased the shellac set up and the nails are beautiful. I have had a problem with chipping though. A few of the nails on the first set I did on myself peeled completely off. And last night I did them again and really concentrated on the free edge and less than 24 hrs later there are a few tiny chips. I’m not sure if I need to cure the polish longer? Do I need to paint under the free edge as well? Am I painting too thick? I feel like I’m following the directions exactly. Help!

10. Melissa C. says:

HELP!!!! We are having problems with the Shellac big time!! Sometimes it is absolutely perfect when a client leaves and other times it’s a mess! Problems we are experiencing:
    1. Shellac chipping and/or peeling completely off
    2. Final step of rubbing the nail with alcohol and part or all of the Shellac on the nail coming off
    3. Bubbling
    These are just a few of the issues we’ve been having. We are following the steps perfectly, we want this to work! What’s the deal???

11. Kristina and Melissa,
    Both sound like possible undercuring issues, are you both using CND lamps? If so here is a troubleshooting video that may be helpful, it even includes some things to check on your lamp!

12. Chelsie Reed says:

Im finding that on a few clients the color coat seems to be “pulling” to the center of the nail. I try to polish the gaps and then it “pulls” again.
    any advice?
    -chelsie

13. Chelsie,
    Make sure the entire nails is really scrubbed with ScrubFresh and be diligent about carefully laying the base coat smooth and thin with nice lines along the sides as the color will follow the base!