Shellac: Get Your Clients Back

Laouren Powlle & Megan Robinson Thread NZ

Today, I start at the crack-o-dawn with a TV interview with ‘Campbell Live’, a popular 20/20 type show. We talk safety, standards and Shellac!

Then 18 Beauty Editors arrive to hear about Shellac for the first time. They ALL get Shellac’d and CAN NOT believe what they see! Blogs start posting within hours of the event.

50 Nail Professionals then arrive….it dawns on me that to see Shellac is to know this is a service that will get the 85% of the women who currently do not go to a salon for mani’s and pedi’s, BACK! Even the most skeptical are duly impressed and totally excited!    They realize that many a company has promised ease of application and removal…but CND delivers 100% on the promise.

‘SHELLAC:  GET YOUR CLIENTS BACK’ is our new mantra…as NZ is just squeaking out of their recession!  Everyone agrees this is the service that will give Nail Professionals a raise this year and a service that will without a doubt bring the clients running back to the salon!

14 Responses to “Shellac: Get Your Clients Back”

1. NAN SHERWOOD says:

SHELLAC IS AWESOME, I HAVE PICKED UP QUIT A FEW OF MY OLD ACRYLIC NAIL CLIENTS, AND NEW CLIENTS. TELLING CLIENTS THAT SHELLAC IS A 14 DAY WEAR POLISH, COMPLETELY DRY AND REMOVES IN 10 MINUTES/ ITS AMAZING TO SEE THEIR FACE OF DISBELIEF. I LOVE PROVING SHELLAC TO THEM. THANK YOU CND.

2. Vicki Adams says:

I love CND and now that you have created Shellac it’s like iceing on a cake…LOL… My clients love it, I have one client that started coming to me. Her first visit she talked about if this really works. I will really be surprised nothing works for me. She called me 4 days later and told me how she SCRUBED out her oven and cleaned out the grill and used bleached and etc. And her nails still look great… She said she is a client for life she has told everyone she knows. THANKS CND!!!!

3. Andrea Bella says:

Wow, I gave my self a Shellacking and am amazed that I have workd in Acetone for two days straight now and it has not even budged. I am so thrilled about it, I haven’t been this hopefull of a product since Sticky,my all time favorite basic staple in my drawer. I have it on 3 clients already and they were impressed right away. I am so looking forward to going to work now! Thanks CND for renewing my outlook.

4. Kaaren says:

Shellac is just another gel but in a bottle!! New technology is producing new gels in all forms. This is just one type.

5. Lisa says:

LOVE IT! My own nails were short stubs and paper thin – now, 5 weeks later….I’m taping them on the nail table! Great product, I really don’t think I’ll go back to polish in a bottle ever again. Thank you!

6. Renee says:

I came across Shellac accidentally. It was a freebee with a gel purchase. I got a top coat and a light pink. Always the guinea pig, i tried it for myself. As ive been making a foray into Gels and a twenty year acrylic career, i try everything new. I’ve always thought that a polish that dried immediately would be the next big thing. I was ecxited to see gel polishes, but there was more than just having to “file” them off. They were kind of bulky and bulgy with the shrinkage that is so typical of gels. I didnt like them but, did and still do, a ton of gel toes. On opening the Shellac, i noticed the first indicator something was different. It didnt smell like “gel” and it was in a traditional polish bottle. Although many top glosses are in polish bottles too. My first thought was “oh another kind of polish”…..more hype! I put it on one nail and my client walked in….I was only under the lamp for maybe 20 seconds. I quickly removed the product to welcome my client. I saw that it didnt really come off like regular polish, but just filed the thought away for later. During a pedicure that day, i stepped out and took a chance on a very close client. I told her i wanted to try this new product, Shellac. I didn’t charge her and did her pedicure. When it came time for the polish, i was basically winging it. so i used a very thin layer of clear gel under for a base after prepping very lightly. The final results were amazing!!! I was so impressed! I cant wait to see her when she returns to see how we held up. I believe this is really, truly, a hybrid technology. A beautiful light coating that is shiny like glass! I’ve been putting the Shellac top coat on everthing from gels, to acrylics….it is amazing.

7. julie says:

No matter how long I keep my nails under the light, the top coat never seems to cure completely. I’m using a 36w uv light and it stilll feels sticky. Help

8. Cherie Pollard says:

Kaaren and Renee

Shellac is a new “Hybrid” technology, meaning that it is a combination of the best technology of polish and gel. Therefore, the nail professional gets the benefits of easy application and the client benefits from long wearability and fast removal. Renee, you can forget the light filing on natural nail a it is not necessary and has no extra holding power for Shellac. I am sure that your client and many more have experienced the benefits of Shellac. Enjoy.

Cherie Pollard

9. Chris says:

This is great that you are providing Schellac to professionals all over the world but what good does this do us if we can’t get it here once we start using it on clients. I have looked and called all over the area and I’m being told there is a permanent back order on the base and top coats. When will we be able to purchase your Wonderful products again?

Chris,

Thank you for your comments. We understand your frustration. CND is shipping product daily on a “First in, First out” basis. What this means is that whatever distributor had their purchase orders in first will receive their product first. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for the compliments on Shellac.

I cant wait to get “shellaced”..been waiting for this for years…going tomorrow

11. Debbie says:

When doing a Shellac pedi do you do the Shellac first and then the pedi? Or does it matter if the nails have been soaked first as you would do in a regular pedi?

12. Debbie,
    Detailed step by steps are available at cnd.com just log in and click Toold and Support on the left then click Shellac support. You can soak the feet 3-5 minute to sanitize, then do your shaping, cuticle work, and Shellac application. After that finish the rest of the pedicure.